23 February 2009
'Preparatory Action' Call for Proposals:
Pre-registration (recommended) deadline: 25 May 2009
Deadline: 2 June 2009
See here for full details
MEDIA International is a Preparatory Action running alongside the existing MEDIA 2007 Programme, and aiming to reinforce cooperation between EU and non-European professionals from the audiovisual industry on a basis of mutual benefit.
MEDIA International offers financial support for the following initiatives, proposed by consortia consisting of an EU coordinator and partners from EU and non-European countries:
- Training of audiovisual professionals/students/trainers in the areas of production, co-production, distribution and promotion
- Promotion at the development or production stage to help audiovisual/cinematographic works access the international market
- Distribution of cinematographic works by encouraging long-term cooperation between European and non-European professionals (distributors and/or sales agents and/or producers etc)
- Screening of cinematographic works in cinemas
- Improving and increasing potential audiences for audiovisual/cinematographic works and supporting film literacy events.
The budget for this Preparatory Action is €4,960,000.
*Please do not hesitate to contact the UK MEDIA Desk if you have any questions about making an application. We can be contacted on 0207 861 7511.